Thursday 2 November 2017

For Love ~ Two poems by Siyabonga Dlamini

...For Love...


I've tried....
I've tried...
Countless times I've tried to please you...
to be like you...
but it's too much...
I guess dark demons attract bright souls
but I often find myself wondering if there's still anything bright within my spirit?...
The luminous spark you so untimely ripped from my being like a new born...
thrown into the darkness...
My heart you blackened and struck
with each tip of the sharp words spearing from your lips...
Excuses are hurtful but false promises slander and destroy beyond comprehension...
You've left me broken and shattered just as you had found me..
but maybe worse...
maybe even more confused than before...
so let me heal myself and be whole once and for all...
My excuse is that I did it all for love...
Don't cry for me...
Don't try to save me...
for as I say all this I am already swimming in my own blood...



...Drip drop...


It flows down my wrist...
Warm and tickling my palm then my fingertips...
yet the sting on the wrist and the throbbing of the veins doesn't stop...
it's colour captivating and bright as it starts to decay...
I've never felt more alive...



© Siyabonga Dlamini

Matriculant 2016