Saturday 26 August 2017

Ashes of Regretful Pain ~ Mangaliso Xaba

Looking back at the times that we had
Beginning to notice what I did to you was bad.
You have always been beside me
But I just didn’t take the time to see.
The guilty conscious seeps deep into my soul
As it is so dark and can be compared to coal.

I am dearly sorry, that it had to come to this.
To me, giving you a bruise just gave me peace,
I needed you to know who wears the pants in the house.
Every time I had to fold my fist, I forgot that you were my spouse.

I am dearly sorry, that it had to come to this.
I never meant to break your heart into pieces.
I wish I could have understood all your wishes,
Maybe I wouldn’t be standing here talking to your ashes.

I am dearly sorry, that it had to come to this.
I am truly going to miss you.
You did not deserve all the abuse.
May your soul rest in peace.


Mangaliso Mthandazi Xaba [Mangz Nation]

***
Grade 11
***