Monday 5 June 2017

Stolen Glances ~ Uwais Coetzee

Those secretive moments
when our eyes just seem to meet.
And then as if by habit
you shyly look at your feet.
Those chilly morning talks
before we walk our separate ways,
are the moments I look forward to on
most of my days.
Those stolen glances with you
are all I seem to get.
But because they're with you
I'll enjoy them without regret.
We both have feelings
we can hardly explain.
But we've both lost something
Yet I know that we can gain.
Gain happiness, gain content
gain peace in this place.
I know all this with those
glances at your face.
Those glances with you
bring hope and joy to me.
They may only take a second
but then I'm happy you see.
Those moments aren't much
but I drown in that blue.
I enjoy those Stolen Glances
simply because they're with you.


©  Uwais Coetzee

***
Grade 11
***