Tuesday 18 April 2017

Oblivion ~ Vincent Moloi

I've walked this earth with oblivion as my only friend
Everything I've done in my life he was with me
He kept me safe and he made sure I didn't have any dreams
Because with dreams also comes nightmares
He made sure I didn't forget him

I walked this earth with oblivion as my greatest fear
I didn't really have much of a life
Because he would always introduce me to new people
He would always whisper to in my ear
Saying darkness and fear are the only people that care

I walked this earth with oblivion
He was taking me somewhere
So with no one else in my life I followed him
When I realised that he was bringing me closer to death
Death snatched me
He told everything is going to be okay
And he said he was going to be my new friend.


©  Vincent Moloi

***
Grade 11
***