Monday 24 April 2017

Goodbyes ~ Malwazi Moholi

You know;
I've written this to you many times.
"I love you"
And again I commit my crime.

Love sees you, your handsome brown eyes wander
She observes you hanging onto a burden
A selfish burden you regret carrying later:
The beautiful, opposite Maiden.
Love watches as you two come together
Come to love each other
Hugging and kissing one another
Until,   Distance took Us farther and farther
Maiden was falling in love with Distance
You were falling in love with her deeper.
Your broken heart was instant,
So you vowed to stay solo.
*
"I love you, I love you, I love you."
"I love you, I love you, I'm sorry I lied to you."

I write this once more;
Declaring the depth of my love
Of my shattering hearts core.
I love You, more and above,
And enough to let you go.
'Cause you deserve better;
Than a love so slow,
A love to achieve greater.
Goodbye, old friend.
You were the bright in my life; but
I was a tainted darkness to your souls end.
Fly, our ties have now been cut.

© Malwazi Moholi

***
Grade 11
***