Friday 28 October 2016

Dead ~ Uwais Coetzee

I let my feelings out
Let out all things from inside
Told you everything
My feelings no longer wanted to hide,
Although you could not listen
I still continued to speak
Spilled out everything
Like the dam wall of my heart had a leak.
Right next to you I did kneel
With tears flowing from my eyes
But now it was the time
To say our final goodbyes.
The wood began to creak
As they carried you away
The saddest day of my life
Was your funeral day.
They tapped me on the shoulder
And said "It's time to go",
I looked at them with eyes all red
And said with pain "I know".
The coffin began to lower
As they lay you down to rest
And in every single one of the speeches
They said you were one of the best.
I thought about the tears that flowed
I couldn't keep that thought at bay.
The saddest day of my life
Was your funeral day.

©  Uwais Coetzee

***
Grade 10
***