Saturday 14 May 2016

If I Should Die ~ Jessica Gibbons

If I should die, think only this of me
Actually I don't want you to think of me.
I don't want you to be unhappy,
Me leaving is your new beginning.
Pick up your broken pieces,
And put yourself back together.

In life I loved you,
And in death I still love you.
You have a special place in my heart,
No other could ever fill.

But now take a step back from my grave,
And do not cave,
Say your last words and leave,
And never look back.
Do not cry, as that is not what I want.

I want you to be happy,
I want you to find another
And love her as you loved me,
When you find her,
Never let her go, as you did with me.

I could say millions of things to you,
But simply all I want to say is:
If I should die, never think of me again


©  Jessica Gibbons


***
Grade 9
***