Wednesday 6 April 2016

Two Short Poems by Vriti Maharaj

Poem about Poetry



Who is this poetry we speak of?
Hidden underneath the exterior,
Lies a depth of secretive meaning,
It may be colourful or dismal,
Joy or despair,
It only takes a pen and paper,
To let others see what I’m experiencing.
So concise yet so deep,
It proves,
A little can be a lot.



*************************************************


Adolescence 



Ambivalence,
Confusion,
Heartbreak.
What is this sin that I have to pay?
I search for my place,
Through this labyrinth of adolescence.
The reality breaks free rushing towards you,
This is life!
Filled with pain and pleasure.
It is time to embrace this emotional rollercoaster.
The joys and blues,
All will soon disappear,
After all I’m just a teenager.



© Vriti Maharaj


***
Grade 10
***