Wednesday 29 April 2015

If I Should Die ~ Charné Williams

If I Should Die, Think Only This Of Me
Two Poems


The days I smiled, cried, fought
Putting my heart on the line, left feeling distraught.
Captured by love, unfailing hope.
If I should die think only this of me
Like a flower I grew, speaking my mind through and through
Not giving up on my beliefs and always staying true
Remember me as I illuminated dark rooms
Which spread the fear of dark, evil fumes
Somewhere between the heart-break and the tears
I managed to fight against my fears.
I lived every day as it was my last
Enjoying every moment, living fast
My love for singing, my passion that went with it
If I should die think only this of me
the mark I made be it small or big
the mark on your heart and on your life
Striving each and every day to make you smile
Just remember the life I lead.
When I’m in my worst moment or my best
As I’m laid to rest, I shall rest with you in my heart,
as it was from the start



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



If I should die, think only this of me.
My laughter when you cry,
My smile when you're sad.
Holding you tight in your sleepless nights.

On rainy days when the sky is grey
And there seems to be no way
I was there to guide you through

Although I might not be seen,
Know presence is real.

Think of me and my happiness.
My happiness to my last breath

Don’t cry or shed a tear
Because deep down,
You know I’ll always be near



© Charné Williams

***
GRADE 9
***