Friday 17 April 2015

Cameo Poems ~ Grade 9

FRIENDSHIP

Best friends.
A straight line that will
not bend, trusting now and forever.
Your hero
always by your side where they will
stay, to laugh, cry and help me
and you.

Aviksha Sewsanker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DARKNESS

The dark
Monsters creeping back
Ghosts brought back to life.
Fear evolves
Illumination of light fights back.
Now peaceful, ghosts disappear.
The light.

Charne Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY HEART

My heart
brewing with passion
aching to be set free. I feel
the passion
I wish I could express myself
showing my gracefulness, oh
my heart.

A MOTHER'S LOVE

Warming,
understanding, it
is filled with beauty and passion
content and
always caring for my safety
like a rose among the thorns
patient.

Theo Govender

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LION

Fearless
loyal and graceful
majestic mane and fearful eyes,
walking proud
enormous paws and sharp, shiny teeth
determined on killing prey:
mighty.

Kristen Radford

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOREVER

Love all,
Don't hate the one that
made you angry, sad or depressed,
be grateful
for the people you have because
their last breath could be right now
Forever.

Kelda Maitland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IGNITED

Feelings
Overpower me
As thoughts of you burn freely
Within me
I am warmed by your lovely smile
Fires stroked by your sultry looks
Heated.


GONE

Missing
every part of me
that does keep my spirits high
so that I
cannot write, as if ink ran out
leaving my quill and mind dry
thoughtless.


THE VISIT

Sit here
Let's talk for a while.
My, I've missed you. How've you been?
Want some tea?
I wanted to tell you something:
You mean the absolute world
to me.

Sithoko Dube